Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Facezbook Web Forgery

I received a message from one of my Facebook contact. It says:

"Wow... look what somebody wrote about you in their blog... it's a bit harsh. check it out Go here http://!@#$%^&*.blogspot.com"


It happen that I do blogging and curiosity urging me to click the link. The link brings me to a Facebook login page, but wait, something is not right here...

Firstly, my Facebook is just next to the Firefox browser tab. Why Facebook ask for my credential again? Secondly, as you can see above, the URL is not Facebook, its Facezbook. From that point I realized that it's a phishing or web forgery. Lurking my real Facebook credential.

So I did play around with it a bit. Fill up a bogus username & password. Somehow the Firefox intercept it (is it? not so sure about this) and display a warning page:


Just be careful. Phishing link is now haunting in your Facebook Wall.

1 comment:

Forged documents said...

"I have been reading your posts regularly. I need to say that you are doing a fantastic job. Please keep up the great work."