Pages

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Pantun

While waiting for someone today, I browsed through my SMS list and struck with 2 messages which had "pantun" sent by my wife. It reminds me how busy I was while working with CAT.

If you are wondering what is "pantun" is all about, well in Wikipedia definition: The Pantun is a Malay poetic form. The pantun originated as an oral literary form of expression traditionally used among the Malays. Pantun had been in its current form since 15th century at the latest, based on Malay manuscripts written within this period.

And here is the "pantun" SMS I had:

Alif main pikul beban
Muaz main sepak-sepak
Ayam pun dah balik reban
Awak bila nak balik pulak?

and on the other day

Alif pesan beli mi Maggi
Muaz pesan Pizza Hut
Pukul berapa awak balik ni?
Apa lagi balik la cepat!

Yesterday, while reading a funny answer paper for history subject from one of the St Francis Institution's student, I read his finishing touch. This kid, I believe his name is Thye Yong Lun wrote:

Berjalan-jalan di tepi muara
Hendak mencari anak dara
Kalau nak cari anak dara
Di tepi muaralah

Nice one :D

No comments: