Pages

Friday, December 22, 2006

Slide Show Presentation Goes Online


There is time when I open up emails from my friends I'm hopping that there is no PowerPoint (with .ppt extension) stuff attached. I hate the idea of opening other application while you're browsing through email. Why? well it's simply annoying and those kind of attachment are prone to be a virus. Similarly, I used to get video attachments through emails but thank to YouTube such attachment is rarely invade my inbox. However this situation has change when SlideShare, an online slide show sharing come to the rescue our needs.

At a glance, SlideShow website look just like YouTube. Even the process flow and services look alike. You PowerPoint presentations can be imported and embedded on your website or blog with a snippet of code - a process now familiar to every blog and web owner. There is the ability to click forward, back, visit the original location of the file on SlideShare and even add tags so others looking for similar topic will find you.



When I first saw it, I realised that the same feeling struck again. Of course the first one was when I use YouTube. However there are still limitation in SlideShare;
- No fancy transition can be transferred, only forward and backward navigation.
- I detect spams in some presentation comments
- Full online editing is not there.

But give them some time to evolve and I'm sure this web 2.0 site is going to be a hit.

No comments: