Pages

Thursday, December 14, 2006

The Best Places to Waste Time on the Web

Inspired by PC World's article on The 15 Best Places to Waste Time on the Web, I realize that I also have a list of places to waste on the web.

Ok they got 15, but mine has been group to 5 type of web sites. I eliminate some other stuff like email, searching tool and forum board as it will make my list never ends. Here goes:

  1. Digg
    Watching this ever popular social bookmark in action can really waste my day. Try out Digg's Swarm or Stack, you can visually see each entry marked as Digg or popular in real time (I think). A similar site would be Slashdot, Delicious, Reddit, furl.

  2. YouTube / MetaCafe
    This hot services which I don't have to introduce is really addictive. Watching 'Mat Rempit' in action in YouTube is just so amusing or watch other user experimenting stuff that you wouldn't dare, nutts. It's really huge interm of collection of public videos. I can do this the whole day.

  3. Flickr
    As an avid photographer, this is a must. Reading all the exif data from good photos consume lots of time plus lots of cool groups to check on.

  4. Blogs / News, lot of them
    Friends blog - as seen on my blog sidebar, including friend's friend blog.
    Tech blog - Techcrunch, Engadget, Gizmodo
    News - Yahoo News, ZDNet, The Star, Utusan Malaysia, Malaya Mail, Berita Harian, Harian Metro
    Newsletter - SitePoint, Site Pro News

  5. Blogging
    I'm not sure if this should fall under wasting my time or filling my free time. I blog so that I remembered any information that I discovered from the Interenet cloud. I guess this is how contribute back to the net sphere.

You also might have your own version, it's all personal preferences and needs. Perhaps you want to share with us here.

No comments: