Pages

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

FeedBurner: Your Optimized RSS Distributor

We have CD Burner, DVD burner and now we have the RSS/Atom feed burner. Imagine this, as a webmaster or blogger, don't you ever wanted to know how many RSS feed subscribers currently you have, where they're coming from and what they like best? Maybe you don't bother, but I do.


With FeedBurner services, it shows how to accommpolish 4 goals using just your own RSS feeds:
  1. Publicize your content and make it easy for people to subscribe.
  2. Optimize distribution so that your content is properly formatted for all of the major directories and can be consumed by subscribers wherever they are.
  3. Analyze your traffic to learn how many subscribers you have, where they're coming from and what they like best.
  4. Make Moneyitize by participating in the FeedBurner Ad Network. Why not reward yourself for your effort?
I really like the distribution optimization made by FeedBurner. There so many RSS reader out there and do you think is that your job to find it all so that you can share your feed? I don't think so. So now I've converted links of my feed to a single FeedBurner link.

I also went through all the functionality and I must say I'm impressed. Kudos FeedBurner team.

No comments: