Pages

Thursday, January 04, 2007

How to send 100MB attachment through email?



Not long ago Gerg asked me "How on earth I'm going to send 50Mb attachment email without breaking it up into pieces?" I think I gave him a link to one of my favorite file sharing service "Kotuha". But today I found a service that does exactly what Gerg ask for.

YouSendIt is just like any basic webmail client. The only different is it allows you to upload large single file before sending it to your contact. I try to send 50MB file, it almost like forever. Maybe due to APCN2 cable disruption? And that's it. No fancy stuff, a straight cut app.

DropSend, developed by Carson Systems, has several plan for user to pick ranging from free to $99. It offers both web based and desktop file upload tool for user to choose. Each plan has different features like no of sends per month, storage size, encryption and max users. Neat stuff. If you like the idea, you can contact Ryan Carson the founder of DropSend and offer him $1M for your stake in DrpoSend. Recently he blogs how close he was about to sell DropSend stake to YouSendIt. Based on his long post about the deal, I must say volume does matter. Who knows, maybe some major tweaks and give it some time to mature, DropSend might worth $1 billion.

No comments: