Pages

Friday, October 20, 2006

Looking for a freelancer or want to become one?

Occasionally a friend of mine always ask for people or any of my friends that has capability for certain type of job. It was hard for me to find a suitable candidate for the task but by googling a bit it wasn't hard at all.

I found a website that focus on IT freelance resources called GetAFreelancer.com belongs to a Sweeden company. Basically it almost look like the everyday job seeker portal with 2 types of target user; a Buyer and a Provider. A buyer post a job into the system pool by adding the job description and choose criteria such as programming language, OS platform and so on. A provider will search any job that match with their criteria/specialty and engage the price bidding. It is up to the buyer to choose which provider suitable for the job.

Now the catch here is that none of the buyer or provider are allowed to insert their contact infomation as it will violates their terms of service. I guess this will be a thread for their existance. Furhtermore, GetAFreelancer.com will act as the payment aggregator, which means a buyer will only pay to the sites not to the provider directly.

I manage to join this site for a couple of days now and I subscribe to the buyers job email alerts. To my surprise the system does alert me many jobs posted by the buyer from all over the globe. This look like a lucrative business to me.

No comments: