Pages

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Hard Disk vs Online Back Up

I've been thinking is it worth it to buy a SATA hard disk to back up my stuff or find any online back up service to store everything online. The same thing happen previously when I try to decide to search for web hosting with a big storage or a small one.

Browsing the web today lead me to a service provided by Amazon (yeap that Amazon.com). They call it the Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3). If you are a developer and having headache to store your data, this is might be the right choice. What's catch my eyes is the pricing. There is no minimum fee, and no start-up cost. $0.15 per GB-Month of storage used. $0.20 per GB of data transferred.

Well again it is up to your personal preference. With Bluray coming up next, I think storage price will keep cheaper & cheaper.

No comments: