Pages

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Innovations in your life

I read a copy of Utusan's Esti dot my (dated 30 August 2006) to my 14 months old son, Muaz Hazimi yesterday. Of course I do the reading most of the time and he just continue doing what he knows best, throw off everything on his mom's makeup shelf.

In this issue, ESTI covering the innovation and invention from Malaysia local SMI/SME, especialy for the villagers. It shows how SIRIM plays the main role to improve productivity through their inventions. And of course our famous local inventor Mr Zulkifli Haron was mentioned too. Some of the inventions are machine to make/cook lemang, rempeyek, kuih ros, semperit, pineaple juice extractor, thousand machine "mesin ribu-ribu", and many others. I wonder if they archive and display it on their web.

ESTI also cover a story of Pakistani inventor, Ghulam Sediq Wardak, a local man who has spent his life developing original solutions to everyday problems. He has invented 341 invention however none are patented. Among his invention are radio powered by body electricity, automatic cradle rocker, solar-powered water pump and solar-powered car. An interesting quote from him, "The main purpose of my inventing is not to earn money. I want to render a service to my countrymen and to all people in the world."

So what is the moral behind all this? Do I have that kind of feeling, invent something to solve daily problems? I used to have it, but now I'm narrowing it down to IT solutions. I wonder if my kids has it?

And one more thing, you should read a photo or cartoon book to your 14 old months kids to attract his/her attention because by the time I finish reading ESTI, he throw away an expensive MAX base powder and scaterred to pieces. Crap....

No comments: