Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Gesture computing is a current hip


A couple of weeks ago, I was asked to develop a device that can understand my hand gestures to accomplish certain task like taking photo, browsing and other task that normally you need a computer, PDA or handphone to accomplish that. This idea isn't new as I recalled, Microsoft did come out with their Surface device and Nintendo with their hand-wobling Wii several years back. Then I start to see numerous of similar product (prototype mostly) start to emerge.



At ZDNet, I saw this interesting video about the future of remote control. It is controlled by your own hand (literally). I wonder what is in their user manual, hand signs.


At TED, Pranav Mistry introduce the SixSense technology. He demos several tools that help the physical world interact with the world of data -- including a deep look at his SixthSense device and a new, paradigm-shifting paper "laptop".


3 years back, I saw this video. Johnnny Chung Lee manage to hack the Nintendo Wiimote into head tracking for desktop virtual reality displays. In other word, the Wiimote just turn into one big stylus.


And there is a dedicated Wii Related Hacks website that contain so much idea just to hack the Wii devices. Wicked.

2 comments:

get twitter followers said...

Internet marketer can surely learn from here. Thank you for sharing.

digital media course said...

Hey this is an excellent post. Am I Able to utilize any of it on my own wellness and weightloss blog? I’ll obviously hyperlink to your website so folks are able to see the whole content if they want to. Thanks a lot no matter what.