Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

How to restore Windows Vista Sidebar

Recently I created a gadget for Windows Vista Sidebar. It works as it suppose to but yesterday the sidebar refuse to start during start up or directly execute the application. Luckily this not the first encounter, apparently it's becoming popular issue among other unlucky Vista's user. I wonder if the problem will be passed on to Windows 7, 8, 9, 10...or forever. Some people wouldn't care if it works or not, I know because I would. but the thing is, I need to show the gadget it to my client. Anyway here is the solution...


Looking at the solution from Microsoft (KB963010), it is easy enough to solve this. They even provide the fix tool. But if you want to fix it manually, pop up the command prompt and run each of this command:

Regsvr32 atl.dll
Regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\sbdrop.dll
Regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\wlsrvc.dll
exit


It should fix the issue in no time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Digital Marketing Agency said...

I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I’m quite certain I will learn plenty of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

Local Mobile Marketing said...

Many thanks to this article. It is nice to know that it is this useful for my research. I have related much of my research works to this post and therefore helped it arrrive at an accurate conclusion. Keep your posts and continue to inspire other works.