Pages

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year 2007


Photo by Dunny

Each year when the new year comes, I always look back for what I'd achieved and also what I missed. I never blogged about it before but this year I have the opportunity to share some of it.

2006 Achievement

Being productive
Half of the year I was so productive, working at average 12 hours a day and 7 days a week at least once a month. The work load seems never stop and it is all for the sake of the company and the clients.

Moving on and learn new things
Some said that helping company growth will eventually paid you off. In my case it was that close but I decided to leap of from the company as I realized that what could possibly I learn more if I continue working there. It was never easy for me to simply change job. Lot's of things need to be consider, but I believe what I did was the best for me and for my family.

Once I'm out, I realized how much free time that I could use to discover new things plus now I had time for freelance job. The buff around web 2.0 apps alone overwhelmed me. As you can see in this blog, there are lots of entry talking about web 2.0 apps. It's inspired me to develop my own web 2.0 app, my own masterpiece. I'll share about this later.

Bring home more bread
Believe me money is the best motivator for a family guy. RM90 increment a year couldn't coupe up with the petrol and toll price hikes. By changing job I drastically bringing home extra 40% of income. But to be honest, it will never get enough.


2007 Resolutions

For this year I planned to develop an enterprise level web application. I don't know how much exactly it's going to cost me but at least I could start by collecting some fund through freelance ob and paid off all my credit cards. Yikes !

No comments: