Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Streamyx Combo


It's been 2 months since my last post here. The reason? Simply no internet connectivity at home. I used to have the Celcom 3G but I terminate it since May due to lack of coverage here in Semenyih. Plus I'm staying here for good so there is no need for me to have the internet connection wherever I go (I do now realize I can't browse while driving :P)

While looking for ISP alternative, I decided to choose Streamyx. Despite the bad reputation that the Streamyx user stamp on this ISP, I still want to give it a try. I thought of the cable broadband is much reliable compared to mobile broadband. Well it is confirm much more reliable (compared to Celcom 3G).

While researching on Streamyx service, I decided to get the Streamyx Combo 1MB plan (I want the 4MB plan but there is no coverage here in Semenyih - greedy). I thought it would be smarter to ditch the phone line monthly rental but later it just saved up a few ringgit. But with petrol price ridiculously high, every cent counts.

The detail comparison between normal Streamyx & Streamyx Combo package as follow:


384Kbps with modem 512Kbps with modem 1Mbps with modem 2Mbps with modem 4Mbps with modem
Normal Combo Normal Combo Normal Combo Normal Combo Normal Combo
Streamyx subscription fee RM45 RM60 RM77 RM90 RM99 RM110 RM188 RM140 RM268 RM160
Phone line monthly rental RM26 Free RM26 Free RM26 Free RM26 Free RM26 Free
Monthly bill pay to TM RM71 RM60 RM103 RM90 RM125 RM110 RM214 RM140 RM RM160
Monthly bill saving RM11 RM13 RM15 RM74 RM134

Previously I don't have fixed line phone service at Semenyih but I have it at my old house, so I need to transfer the line and bare the charges:

Streamyx activation fee = RM75
Streamyx installation fee (optional) = RM88 (I simply use the self installed & collect the modem myself)
Home fixed line new wiring fee (less than 5m) = RM50

If I'm going to subscribe a new fixed line phone, I will need to add up:

Home fixed line Initial Deposit = RM75
Home fixed line activation fee = RM50
Home fixed line stamp duty = RM10

The voice call rates remain the same for all packages.

The package is good if you're a new Streamyx customer. For the existing normal Streamyx customer you still need to pay the Streamyx activation fee (RM 75) Ouch.....


No comments: