Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

VISTA Compatibility Issues Driver on Dell Notebook: Sonic Solutions DLA

If you buy a new Dell Notebook recently, perhaps this annoying pop-up message from VISTA's Program Compatibility Assistant is haunting you each time you start your Vista...



I've kept pressing 'Check for solutions online' for weeks but there is no solutions suggested by Microsoft. So much of "ASISTANT". I guess if you want to get thing right and fast you must get it your own. So today, the pop-message really pissed me off and I found the solution for this problem with just a query from Google.

So if you have the same problem like mine, all you have to do is go straight to this link http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000131CR and read their instruction. It's a patch for Roxio Drag-Drop program. Run the program, restart and my problem solved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this!!!
I was having the same problem and it was driving me crazy!
Just downloaded the patch, keeping my fingers crossed... :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm freaking out. I downloaded the patch - all looked like it was going well, but then my system ran a chkdsk scan & I saw it was "recovering lost files" at one point. Now, my Laptop looks like it is brand new & all my pictures & files are GONE! I had the last pics of my Dad in there who recently died. I am so scared to TRY anything to recover them, in case I do more harm than good. ANyone else have data loss after using this patch?