Pages

Friday, May 11, 2007

Snap-in failed to initialize in SQL 2000 MMC

I had this problem recently and this problem causing the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) for SQL 2000 fail to load all database. This is all caused by uninstalling MSSQL 2005 server which was at the same time has another version of MSSQL 2000 server installed. At first I thought the MSSQL is corrupted, however the database remain intact and accessible through SQL service or ODBC. So this must be something to do with MMC alone, and it was. Luckily the solution is simple enough.

All I have to do is reregistering the sqlmmc.dll located in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\

Just run this command

regsvr32 C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqlmmc.dll


That did the trick for me. There are lot of trouble related to MSSQL that I have not discovered yet, maybe I should take the MSSQL professional course.

No comments: